Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Stay hungry. Stay foolish."


Goodbye Steve

I didn't expect Steve Jobs' death to have such a big effect on me. Sure I was sad, when I heard that he's passed away Steve soon became my internet. Bloggers I follow mourned, Facebook updates signed RIP Steve all the way. Twitter well, twitter took it upon themselves to use 140 characters to cram as much Steve as possible. The links went wild.  Then the news began to live at home. We watched the news clip announcing his death, then we bought Time's special cover of Steve Jobs. And soon I was reading at least one article a day related to him, at dinner my friends talked about him, we debated and exchanged way too many Apple topics. It's even here at work, thus this tribute.


It sparked so much conversation within and around me and I thought really, what is it about this man?


It didn't occur to me then but what it really is: it's not so much about the man, it's more about what he's done, what he's created, innovated and what he leaves behind. Aside from the accolades surrounding Apple, he also bought and co-founded Pixar Animation Studios. Yes, I don't care what people say, I can say without doubt that Pixar makes kids happy. And Steve had a big part in making it into the Pixar we know today. During his CEO position at Pixar the team created the world's first 3D animation movie. Again just like the iPod, even though the technology's there before, he took it and made it into a new industry. People say at times he's a Nazi to work with, I'm sure there's some truth in that. This might be a sombre thought, but a person will die, and if they have a shitty personality, that'll die with them too,  but it's what they create that'll live still. And that can live almost forever. 


To anti-Steve people, "Haters gonna hate":P
and those that respect him, as said in his speech, "Stay hungry. Stay foolish."









About the design...

A famous scene from the movie...
Pixar wishes Steve a very good journey "Up":)

By far one of my favourite Pixar movies, I love the dreamlike feel, coincidentally I realised it was about an old man who never realised his dreams but did at the end. I didn't want the wallpaper to be sad. Pixar's bought a lot of happiness to people. Death is inevitable and Steve's done more than his share in his lifetime. 

To represent Steve, I used his favourite sneakers that he's worn to most Apple launches and at work. Among Steve's fans, his fashion sense has reached legendary status! Polo up! New Balance 991. Don't believe me? Check it out 















No comments:

Post a Comment